Supporting the fight against impunity in the DRC
- Objective: to contribute to the efforts of the fight against impunity in the DRC through strengthening the access to justice for victims of international crimes
- To accomplish this, the project develops a systematic approach, supporting both the provision of justice (support to judicial actors in the prosecution of serious crimes) and the call for justice (assistance to victims through supporting lawyers, civil society organisations and journalists), while bridging the gap between the two
- The actions undertaken will make it possible to form an advocacy and capitalisation strategy for stakeholders in the justice sector who are involved in the prosecution of international crimes and the establishment of a coordinated and concerted response, for holistic victim assistance in the DRC.
- Partners: TRIAL International et RCN Justice & Démocratie
- Funding: European Union
- Budget: EUR 2,052,975
- Duration: 3 years (2019 > 2022)